May 23, 2015
Attended Logs: 2,404
Committee Representative: corfmania
We wanted to develop an event that would attract all types of cachers and would encourage them to stay on the grounds throughout the event. So we incorporated the historical village that was already on the grounds, and was able to enlist a local re-enactor to relive his role as Little Heiskell to roam the grounds and greet cachers. Couple those with a full array of classes, including one hosted by the famous gadget cacher WVTim, and add in the largest set of vendors and sponsors to date.
Our location at the Washington County Ag Expo was perfect for an event of this size. The facility had 4 large covered pavilions, one large indoor space, and a large parking lot close to the main grounds that made parking fast and easy. People could stay in the shade, and do almost everything.
- Closest GW to Nation’s capital
- First GW with a roving Lab Cache
- First GW with live cannon fire to open the event
- Event log was a 10’ satellite dish
- Over 40 vendors and sposnors
- Had on-site historical village with live docents